Wednesday, December 18, 2019

A Different Screenwriting Model



As I said in another post, the day I discovered Robert McKee's book, Story, it changed my life, literally. It was day I truly understood what the craft of storytelling meant.

Image result for robert mckee 3 act structure

This is based on pretty much on the standard 3 Act Structure graph you find everywhere else. But McKee explains the principles of storytelling in way that I could easily understand and relate to the most.

Image result for robert mckee 3 act structure graph

Ever since I've sort of out grown Robert McKee's 3 Act Structure, I've been looking for something that is more geared towards the character side of things.

So I recently found a really interesting new story model here.

https://medium.com/@pullnews/the-nine-act-structure-of-feature-films-b47a33b673a5



No comments:

Post a Comment