Wednesday, February 26, 2020

One Red Paperclip - pre-Final Draft

The One Red Paperclip script approaching its final form. 131 pages at the moment. Need to cut it down to below 129 at least. 120 would be ideal but I'm not sure how I'm gonna cut another 13 pages with out affecting the pacing and story too much.

But yeah, very happy to almost crossing the finishing line. Will meet the March 1 deadline and hopefully finish the top three for the monthly competition.

EDIT: 

So I got four reviews for One Red Paperclip... and it's the worst score I've ever received. Some criticisms include the length, lack of character arc, unlikable girlfriend, too many characters, too many trades, staying to faithful in the adaption of the book etc. 

I'm going to take a break from the script and return with a new eye some time down the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment